Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise Milan-2022 begins in Visakhapatnam
- Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise MILAN 2022 kicked off on February 25, 2022 in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The theme of the MILAN 2022 exercise is ‘Camaraderie – Cohesion – Collaboration’
- MILAN 22 will be conducted in two phases over a duration of 9 days. These include:
- Harbour phase – from 25 to 28 February
- Sea Phase – from 01 to 04 March
- More than 40 countries are participating in the exercise, which is larger in ‘scope and complexity’ than all previous editions.
- The exercise will enhance operational skills, imbibe best practices and procedures, and enable doctrinal learning in the maritime domain, through professional interaction between friendly navies.
- MILAN is a biennial multilateral naval exercise launched by Indian Navy in 1995 at Andaman and Nicobar Command.
Points to Remember:
- MILAN 2022 is a multilateral exercise conducted by which country?
- MILAN 2022 will be held in which city by Indian Navy?
- Which city is known as City of Destiny – Visakhapatnam