Skip to content
India’s Campaign at 2022 World Athletics Championships ends with 1 silver medal; US tops medal table with 33
- The World Athletics Championship 2022 was held in Eugene, Oregon, United States, from July 15–24, 2022.
- A total of 22 Indian athletes, including 18 men and 4 women, represented the country at the sports event.
- However, the campaign of Indian contingents ended with one silver medal, which was earned by Neeraj Chopra in the javelin throw event.
- The United States has topped the medal tally with overall 33 medals, which include 13 gold, 9 silver, and 11 bronze medals.
- It is followed by Ethiopia (10 [4-4-2]) and Jamaica (10 [2-7-1]) at second and third place respectively.
- A total of 179 nations plus the Athlete Refugee Team took part in the event.
- The moto of the World Athletics Championship 2022 was Feel the Glory.