India’s first e-waste eco-park to come up in Delhi
- The Delhi Government has planned to set up India’s first e-waste eco-park to handle increasing e-waste.
- The park is proposed to be built in Narela industrial area in New Delhi, across 20 acres area.
- The park will recycle and re-manufacture e-waste in a safe and scientific manner.
- It will include facilities for dismantling, segregating, refurbishing, storage, testing, plastic recycling and precious metal extraction.
- This was announced by the Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
- The minister also informed that the Delhi government has approved the Delhi Film Policy 2022, to promote tourism in the national capital and ‘Delhi Film Fund’ worth Rs 50 crore to support film producers.
Points to Remember:
- India’s first e-waste eco-park to come up in which place?
Source: The Times of India