Skip to content
India’s first elevated urban expressway ‘Dwarka Expressway’ to be operational in 2023
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is developing the Dwarka Expressway as the first elevated urban expressway in India.
- Dwarka Expressway is also known as the Northern Peripheral Road in Haryana portion.
- The Expressway will connect Dwarka in Delhi to Gurugram in Haryana.
- The Dwarka Expressway is proposed to be operational in 2023. It will reduce pressure on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway and arterial roads that experience severe traffic congestion.
- Besides, it shall also immensely help in reducing the air pollution in Delhi-NCR.
- The 16-lane highway is being developed at a total cost of Rs 9,000 Crore.
- Its total length will be of 29 km out of which 19 km length falls in Haryana while the remaining 10 km of length is in Delhi.