India’s second largest and World’s third-largest cricket stadium to be developed in Jaipur
- The world’s third-largest and India’s second largest cricket stadium is proposed to be set up in Jaipur village, Chonp.
- For this, the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) has signed an MoU with Vedanta’s Hindustan Zinc Limited (HZL).
- The stadium would be named as Anil Agarwal International Cricket Stadium, Jaipur.
- Key features of the stadium:
- In terms of the size of the playing field area, it is the biggest cricket playing field in the world.
- It will be the second largest in India and third largest in the world, spread over 100 acres (4,04,685 sqm) of land.
- It is the world’s third biggest Cricket stadiums with a seating capacity of 75,000.
- The stadium will be completed in phases.
- A 40,000 capacity is planned to be completed by October, 2023.
- The overall project cost in the first phase is estimated at Rs. 400 crores.
- Out of this Rs. 300 crores will be borne by HZL. Remaining amount of Rs. 100 crores will borne by RCA.
The Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, (earlier known as Sardar Patel Stadium and Motera Stadium) is the largest cricket stadium in India. It has seating capacity of 1.32 lakh spectators.