India’s unemployment rate falls to 7.6% in March from 8.1% in Feb 2022: CMIE Report
- As per the data from Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the overall unemployment rate in India fell to 7.6 percent in March 2022. This rate was 8.10 percent in February 2022.
- The report also stated that though the overall unemployment rate in the country is falling, it is still high for a “poor” country like India.
- Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate in March 2022, at 26.7 percent. It was followed by Rajasthan (25%) and Jammu and Kashmir (25 %), Bihar (14.4%), Tripura (14.1%) and West Bengal (5.6%).
- Karnataka and Gujarat registered the least unemployment rate at 1.8.percent each in March, 2022.
- CMIE is a Mumbai-based independent non-government entity that serves both as an economic think-tank as well as a business information company.
Points to Remember:
- Rate of unemployment in India in March 2022, as per the data by CMIE?
- Which state witnessed highest unemployment rate in March 2022
- Which state witnessed lowest unemployment rate in March 2022?
- Headquarter of CMIE
Source: Business Standard