Skip to content
International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members 2022: 25 March
- The United Nations observes the International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members on 25 March every year.
- The UN observes the day to mobilize action, demand justice and strengthen its resolve to protect UN staff and peacekeepers, as well as the colleagues in the non-governmental community and the press.
- The day commemorates the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett in 1985 by armed gunman.
- He was a former journalist who was working for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA).
- His body was found in the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon in 2009.