Skip to content
Jagdeep Dhankhar elected as 14th Vice-President of India to replace M Venkaiah Naidu
- Jagdeep Dhankhar has been elected as the 14th Vice-President of India after he won the presidential polls to elect the next Vice-President on August 06, 2022.
- Dhankhar clinched a total of 528 votes from 725 votes cast and defeated Opposition nominee Margaret Alva who bagged 182 votes.
- He will take the oath of the office on August 11, 2022.
- He will replace incumbent Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu, whose term is ending on August 10, 2022.
- It must be noted that the Vice President is also the ex officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
- Dhankhar is the former Governor of West Bengal, who served from July 2019 to July 2022.