Jeremy Lalrinnunga wins Gold in men’s 67 kg weightlifting at 2022 CWG
- India’s Jeremy Lalrinnunga has won gold medal in men’s 67 kg category weightlifting at the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- The 19-year-old Youth Olympic champion lifted a total of 300kg (140kg+160kg) to get the first position.
- This is the second gold for the country and fifth medal overall.
- Samoan weightlifter Vaipava Nevo Ioane secured silver medal with a lift of 293 (127kg + 166kg)
- Nigeria’s Edidiong Joseph Umoafia won bronze, 290kg (130kg+160kg)
List of Total Medals won by India till date at 2022 CWG – 5
- Mirabai Chanu – Women’s 49kg
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga – Men’s 67kg
- Sanket Mahadev Sargar – Men’s 55kg
- Bidyarani Devi – Women’s 55kg
- Gururaja Poojary – Men’s 61kg