Karnataka launches Women@Work (WOW) Program to provide 5 lakh jobs to women
- The Government of Karnataka has launched ‘Women@Work (WOW) Program’, in a bid to raise their workforce strength in workplaces by creating an equitable, inclusive and equal world for women.
- The Women@Work (W@W) programme aims to provide five lakh jobs within 2026 to women with necessary employable skills.
- The W@W Program is being organised jointly by Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM), KTECH and Karnataka Skill Development Corporation, Government of Karnataka.
- Under the W@W Program free certificate courses will be run for women for imparting them training in specialized skills to become employable in the next five years.
Points to remember:
- ‘Women@Work (WOW) Program’ has been launched by which state to raise women strength in workplace?
Source: Business Standard