Karnataka, Manipur and Chandigarh Tops NITI Aayog’s India Innovation Index 2021 in respective category
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Shri Suman Bery, released the 2021 India Innovation Index on July 21, 2022.
- The India Innovation Index 2021 is the third edition of the index. The first edition was launched in October 2019 and second edition in January, 2021.
- Karnataka has topped the index in the ‘Major States’ category.
- Manipur has topped under the ‘North East and Hill States’ category.
- Chandigarh is the top performer in the ‘Union Territories and City States’ category.
- India Innovation Index ranks the states and the union territories on their innovation performance to build healthy competition amongst them. The index helps in evaluation and development of the country’s innovation ecosystem.
- The number of indicators in the India Innovation Index 2021 has increased to 66. It was 36 in the India Innovation Index 2020.
- The indicators are now distributed across 16 sub-pillars, which, in turn, form seven key pillars.
Top states in Major States category
Top states in North East and Hill States and UTs category