Skip to content
Konkani writer Damodar Mauzo and Assamese poet Nilmani Phookan conferred with 57th and 56th Jnanpith Award respectively
- Eminent Konkani writer Damodar Mauzo has been conferred with 57th Jnanpith Award for the year 2022.
- Mauzo is the second Konkani writer after Ravindra Kelekar (42nd edition in 2006) to win Jnanpith award.
- Apart from this, noted Assamese poet and litterateur Nilmani Phookan has been felicitated with the 56th Jnanpith award for 2021.
- Phookan is the third Assamese writer to receive the Jnanpith after Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya in 1979 and Mamoni Raisom Goswami in 2000.
- About Jnanpith Award: The Jnanpith Award is the highest literary award of India, presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their “outstanding contribution towards literature”.