LIC is Top-Ranked Indian Firm on Fortune Global 500 List; US retailer Walmart tops globally
- The Fortune Global 500 list for 2022 was released by FORTUNE on August 03, 2022 to rank the world’s largest corporations by revenue for fiscal 2021.
- Walmart has acquired the top spot for ninth consecutive year, and overall 17th time since 1995.
- From India, the recently-listed Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has made to the list for the first time and LIC is also the top ranked firm among Indian corporates.
- LIC is ranked at 98th position, with revenue of USD 97.26 billion and a profit of USD 553.8 million.
- Overall nine Indian companies has been featured on the list. This comprise of five state-owned, and four from private sector.
- List of Indian companies on the list are:
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) – 98th
- Reliance Industries – 104th
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) – 142nd
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) – 190th.
- State Bank of India (SBI) – 236th
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd – 295th
- Tata Motors – 370th
- Tata Steel – 435th
- Rajesh Exports – 437th
TOP 10 list of companies in 2022 FORTUNE GLOBAL 500
1. Walmart (U.S.)
2. Amazon.com (U.S.)
3. State Grid (China)
4. China National Petroleum (China)
5. Sinopec (China)
6. Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabia)
7. Apple (U.S.)
8. Volkswagen (Germany)
9. China State Construction Engineering (China)
10. CVS Health (U.S.)
- The 2022 Fortune Global 500 list ranks companies by total revenues for the fiscal years ended on or before March 31, 2022.