Skip to content
Losar, the traditional new year festival celebrated in Ladakh
- In Ladakh, the celebration of the traditional Losar festival was held on January 03, 2022 with zeal and enthusiasm.
- Losar Festival is celebrated by Buddhist Community in the region, to celebrate the onset of the New Year in the traditional schedule of Tibetan Buddhism.
- The annual event is celebrated with performances of traditional songs and folk dances of the region and hypnotising chanting prayers.
- Generally, this Losar festival in Ladakh is a 15 days long celeration, from the start of the Tibetan lunar calendar.
- However, due to Covid pandemic, Losar in 2022 was celebrated with symbolic performances in a low-key affair. Gathering to celebrate and performances of rituals have been called off.