Madhabi Puri Buch appointed as Chairperson of Sebi for three years
- Madhabi Puri Buch has been appointed as the new chairperson of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). She is the first woman to head the securities market regulator.
- She has been appointed for a period of three years with effect from March 01, 2022.
- Puri Buch succeeds Ajay Tyagi, whose five years tenure ends on February 28, 2022.
- She is a former whole-time member of Sebi.
Points to remember:
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairperson of SEBI to succeed Ajay Tyagi?
- Madhabi Puri Buch has been appointed as the new Chairperson of which organisation?
- SEBI headquarter- Mumbai
Source: Business Standard