Madhav Pai appointed as new CEO of WRI India
- The WRI India has appointed Madhav Pai as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the institute on April 19, 2023.
- He will lead and oversee WRI India’s strategy, operations and activities in his new role.
- Pai succeeds former CEO O P Agarwal.
About WRI India
- WRI India is an independent policy think tank focussed on developing a low carbon economy.
- WRI India is legally registered as the India Resources Trust.
- WRI India is associated with the Washington DC-based World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges.
- The India Resources Trust has a license from WRI to use the trademark “WRI India”.
- WRI India works to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development.
- WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.