Maiden IONS Maritime Exercise 2022 (IMEX-22) concludes in Goa and Arabian Sea
- The first edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) Maritime Exercise 2022 (IMEX-22) was held from March 26 to 30, 2022, in Goa and in Arabian Sea.
- The objective of the exercise was to enhance interoperability of the navies of member nations in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- The navies from 15 out of the 25 member nations of IONS, participated in the exercise.
- The Harbour Phase of IMEX – 22 was held at Marmugao port, Goa on March 26 and 27 while the Sea Phase took place in the Arabian Sea from March 28 to 30, 2022.
- The Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) is a series of biennial meetings between the littoral states of the Indian Ocean region, to increase maritime security cooperation, discuss regional maritime issues, and promote friendly relationships among the member states. The forum was established in 2007.