Microsoft to acquire video gaming company Activision Blizzard for $68.7 bn
- Microsoft Corp. is set to acquire game making company, Activision Blizzard Inc., in an all-cash transaction for $68.7 billion. ($95.00 per share).
- This acquisition will boost the competitiveness of Microsoft in mobile gaming business and virtual-reality technology, across mobile, PC, console and cloud and will provide building blocks for the metaverse..
- Activision Blizzard is famous as the maker of Candy Crush and Call of Duty, Xbox, among other leading video games.
- Upon the completion of the deal, Microsoft will become the world’s third-largest gaming company by revenue, behind Tencent and Sony.
- This is the biggest deal ever by Microsoft and also the largest-ever deal in the history of the gaming industry.
Source: The Times of India
Points to Remember:
- Which company is acquring game maker Activision Blizzard Inc?
- Microsoft is acquiring Activision Blizzard Inc for what value?