Ministry of Jal Shakti launches Sujlam 2.0 Campaign
- Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the Sujalam 2.0 campaign for greywater management on the occasion of World Water Day, 2022 (22 March 2022). It was launched by Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
- Theme: The theme for this year for Sujalam 2.0 campaign is ‘Groundwater: making the invisible visible’.
- Objective of Sujalam 2.0: to manage greywater through people’s participation. Under the campaign, we plan to mobilize communities, our institutions like panchayats, schools, anganwadi to undertake greywater management.
- What is Grey Water: Greywater refers to domestic wastewater generated in households or office buildings from streams without fecal contamination, i.e., all streams except for the wastewater from toilets.
- A Joint Advisory was also signed by 9 Ministries on how greywater management will be taken up at their level based on convergence model with all those who are directly associated in programme implementation.
Points to remember:
- Sujalam 2.0 campaign has been launched by which ministry?- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Theme of Sujalam 2.0 campaign for 2022?- ‘Groundwater: making the invisible visible’.
- Sujalam 2.0 campaign aims for management of?- greywater