Ministry of Sports releases USD 72,124 to UNESCO Fund for Elimination of Doping in Sport in 2022
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India, has contributed an amount of USD 72,124 towards UNESCO Fund for Elimination of Doping in Sport in 2022.
- This is double the amount of the minimum agreed value.
- As per the resolution of 7COP held at Paris between 29-31 September, 2019, the State Parties had agreed for contributing 1% of the regular budget of respective nation to UNESCO towards the Fund for the Elimination of Doping in Sport.
- In 2021, India contributed USD 28172 towards the UNESCO Fund.
- The contributed fund will be used to support the implementation of the Fund’s Operational Strategy 2020-2025.