Skip to content
Muslim Women’s Rights Day: 01 August
- In India, the “Muslim Women’s Rights Day” is celebrated across the nation on August 01 to celebrate the enactment of the law against Triple Talaq.
- The first Muslim Women’s Rights Day was observed in 2020.
- The Government of India enacted the law against Triple Talaq on August 01, 2019 to make the social malpractice of Triple Talaq a criminal offense.
- The law is formally called the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019.
- It prohibits the practice of instant divorce by Muslim men and any violation of the law is punishable by jail term of up to three years.