Skip to content
- Daily News
- NASA successfully completes deployment of James Webb Space Telescope
NASA successfully completes deployment of James Webb Space Telescope
- The NASA team successfully completed the deployment of 21-foot, gold-coated primary mirror panel of the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) on January 08, 2022.
- This milestone achievement marks the complete structural deployment of the observatory, making it ready to study cosmic history.
- JWST was launched on December 25, 2021 in an Ariane 5 rocket from French Guiana.
- The Webb mission will explore every phase of cosmic history, ranging from within our solar system to the most distant observable galaxies in the early universe
- The JWST is developed by NASA in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Canadian Space Agency (CSA).
- JWST is named after James E. Webb, administrator of NASA from 1961 to 1968.
- JWST will be a successor of Hubble Space Telescope.