- NITI Aayog is in the process of developing a National Gender Index.
- Objective of National Gender Index: It shall measure the progress and identify the persisting gaps in gender equality to make informed policy decisions.
- It will serve as a tool to map the progress of India’s States and UTs on defined gender metrics and build the foundation for positive change.
- The information was released in the Annual Report 2021-22 of NITI Aayog.
Points to remember:
- Which organisation will release the National Gender Index in India?