NITI Aayog & RMI India releases report ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India’ for priority-sector recognition of Electric Vehicles
- NITI Aayog has released a report titled ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India’ on January 22, 2022, which outlines the need and importance of inclusion of Electric Vehicles in RBIs priority-sector lending guidelines.
- The report has been developed by NITI Aayog in collaboration with US-based non-profit organisation Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), and RMI India.
- The report has indicated electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers, and commercial four-wheelers as early segments to prioritise under Priority Sector Lending.
- Suggestion has also been made to recognise Electric Vehicles as an infrastructure sub-sector by the Finance Ministry and the incorporation of electric vehicles as a separate reporting category under RBI.
- RBIs priority-sector lending mandate helps to improve the supply of formal credit towards areas of national priority.
Points to Remember:
- The report ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India’ has been developed by which organisation?
- Headquarter of Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI)?
Source: Economic Times