Skip to content
- Daily News
- Nitish Kumar Takes Oath as Bihar CM for 8th Time in 22 Years
Nitish Kumar Takes Oath as Bihar CM for 8th Time in 22 Years
- JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar took oath as the Chief Minister of Bihar on August 10, 2022.
- This is for the 8th time that Kumar took oath as Bihar CM since he was first sworn-in as the CM of the state in 2000.
- Apart from him, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister of the state.
- This move comes a day after Nitish Kumar resigned from the post of the CM of the NDA alliance government and broke ties from BJP.
- Later he staked claim to form a new government with the RJD, the Congress and other parties.