NSO projects Indian economy to grow 9.2% in FY22
- The National Statistical Office (NSO) has estimated India’s GDP to grow at 9.2 percent in the current fiscal, 2021-22. NSO released its first advance estimates of economic output on January 07, 2022.
- The GDP estimate for 2020-21 fiscal was projected at a contraction of 7.3 percent by NSO.
- In terms of figures, real GDP in 2021-22 is estimated at Rs. 147.54 lakh crore against the provisional estimate of GDP for the year 2020-21 at Rs 135.13 lakh crore.
- Nominal GDP for 2021-22 is estimated at Rs. 232.15 lakh crore, as against the Provisional Estimate of GDP for the year 2020-21 at Rs 197.46 lakh crore.
- Fiscal deficit target likely to be achieved is 6.8%
Source: The Hindu
Points to Remember:
- What is the estimated GDP growth rate of India in FY22 as per NSO?
- Fiscal deficit target of India to be achieved in FY22 as per NSO?