Skip to content
PhonePe launches dedicated hyper-local ecommerce app ‘Pincode’
- Walmart-owned fintech company PhonePe has launched a new consumer application named ‘Pincode’, which is powered by the government’s Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) network.
- The service is currently live only in Bangalore, and will be launched in other cities soon.
- The app aims to promote local shopkeepers and sellers by digitally connecting consumers with all the neighbourhood stores that they usually buy from offline.
- Pincode will launch in six major categories including grocery, food, pharma, electronics, home decor and fashion.
- Customers can search for stores by browsing for category and can have multiple carts at the same time with one active cart per store. Buyers can also save multiple carts.