Skip to content
- Daily News
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas appointed as next IMF’s Chief Economist to succeed Gita Gopinath
Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas appointed as next IMF’s Chief Economist to succeed Gita Gopinath
- French-born economist Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas has been named as the next chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Gourinchas will succeed Gita Gopinath, the first woman to serve as the Fund’s chief economist.
- Gopinath will take over as first deputy managing director of IMF from January 21 2022.
- Initially, Gourinchas will join the IMF on a part-time basis from January 24, 2022.
- He will take up on role on full-time basis from April 1, 2022.
- IMF headquarter: Washington, D.C., U.S