PM Narendra Modi dedicates to nation ‘Statue Of Equality’ in Hyderabad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the 216-feet tall ‘Statue of Equality’ in Hyderabad to the nation on February 05, 2022 dedicated to 11th-century Bhakti saint Sri Ramanujacharya.
- It is the second tallest metallic statues in sitting position in the world. (Tallest?– Great Buddha of Thailand is the tallest statue, at 302-feet.)
- The ‘Statue of Equality’ has been built to commemorate the 1000th birth anniversary of Sri Ramanujacharya, who promoted the idea of equality in all aspects of living, including faith, caste, and creed.
About Statute of Equality
- The statue is made of a combination of five metals (‘panchaloha’), which includes gold, silver, copper, brass, and zinc.
- It has been mounted on a 54-feet high base building named ‘Bhadra Vedi’, at Muchintal village in Telangana.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 1,000 crore (US$130 million), which was funded by donations from devotees around the world
- The statue has been conceptualised by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami of Sri Ramanujacharya Ashram.
Source: Economic Times