- Prajakta Koli has become India’s first UN Development Programme (UNDP) Youth Climate Champion. She is a content creator on various online platforms like youtube, Instagram, etc.
- She has been conferred the title for her contribution towards mental health, women’s rights and girl child education through various global social campaigns.
- With this title, Prajakta will now have the responsibility to interact with the young generation to raise awareness around climate crisis, global warming and biodiversity loss and their impacts. She is also the global ambassador for YouTube’s ‘Creators For Change’ initiative.
Points to remember:
- Who has become India’s first UN Development Programme (UNDP) Youth Climate Champion?
- UNDP Headquarters- New York, US
Source: Business Standard