Prof Wilfried Brutsaert wins Stockholm Water Prize 2022
- Professor Emeritus Wilfried Brutsaert has been named as the Stockholm Water Prize Laureate 2022. He has been awarded for his groundbreaking work to quantify environmental evaporation.
- Wilfried Brutsaert is Professor in Engineering Emeritus at Cornell University, USA.
- The Stockholm Water Prize is the world’s most prestigious water award and is often described as the Nobel Prize of water.
- The prestigious Prize has been awarded since 1991 to people and organizations for extraordinary water-related achievements.
- The Prize is awarded by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) in cooperation with the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.