Skip to content
- Daily News
- R Pragganandhaa beat D Gukesh to win Reykjavik Open chess tournament
R Pragganandhaa beat D Gukesh to win Reykjavik Open chess tournament
- Young Indian Chess Grandmaster R Pragganandhaa has won the prestigious Reykjavik Open chess tournament on April 12, 2022.
- The final was played between R Praggnanandhaa and compatriot GM D Gukesh.
- The 16-year-old Praggnanandhaa scored 7½/9 to finish half-point ahead of Gukesh.
- The 2022 Reykjavik Open was a nine-round Swiss tournament, which took place at the Harpa Music and Conference hall in Iceland, from April 6-12.