Ravi Chopra Resigns as Chairman of Supreme Court appointed Char Dham Panel
- Veteran environmentalist Ravi Chopra has resigned as Chairman and member of the Supreme Court’s High Powered Committee (HPC) for the Char Dham project.
- The Chopra (75 years) was assigned the chairmanship of the HPC in September 2019 to oversee all-weather road widening project in Char Dham circuit.
- The Char Dham Road Project envisages widening of roads up to 10 metres to improve the accessibility and provide all-weather connectivity to the Char Dham (Four shrines) circuit : Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath in Uttarakhand.
Points to remember:
- Name of the Chairman of the Supreme Court’s High Powered Committee (HPC) for the Char Dham project who resigned recently?
- High Powered Committee (HPC) for the Char Dham project was formed by which body? SC
Source: The Times of India