- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has emerged as the second-largest buyer of Gold among the world’s Central Banks in 2021. RBI bought 77.5 metric tonnes in 2021 taking its total gold reserve to 754.1 tonnes at the end of December 2021.
- Central Bank of Thailand (Bank of Thailand) was the highest buyer of Gold in 2021 and bought 90 metric tonnes of gold.
- As per Goldhub, India’s official gold reserves is ninth-largest in the world. Goldhub is the official website of World Gold Council that maintains all the data regarding precious metal.
Points to remember:
- Rank of RBI in terms of buying gold in 2021 as per World Gold Council?- 2nd
- Top central bank in buying gold in 2021?- Thailand