RBI Governor dedicates Varnika Ink Manufacturing Unit of BRBNMPL to the Nation
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL) has set up an Ink Manufacturing Unit named “Varnika” in Mysuru, with an annual ink manufacturing capacity of 1,500 MT to enhance the security of banknotes.
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL) a wholly owned subsidiary of RBI.
- Shri Shaktikanta Das (Governor of RBI) has dedicated “Varnika”, the Ink Manufacturing Unit of Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL) to the nation in Mysuru.
- It is a boost to ‘Make in India’ initiative. It ensures that the entire requirement of banknote printing inks is produced in-house. This unit also manufactures Colour Shift Intaglio Ink (CSII) and meets the entire requirements of banknote printing presses in India, which has resulted in cost efficiency and self-sufficiency in banknote ink production.
Points to remember:
- Name of Ink Manufacturing Unit of BRBNMPL dedicated to the nation by RBI governor?- Varnika
- Where is the Ink Manufacturing Unit “Varnika” located?
- What is the annual ink capacity of Ink Manufacturing Unit “Varnika”?- 1500 MT