Roshni Nadar retained as India’s richest woman for second year in a row
- HCL Technologies’ Chairperson Roshni Nadar Malhotra has retained her position as the richest woman in India, for the second year in a row according to the third edition of ‘Kotak Private Banking Hurun – Leading Wealthy Women List’.
- The total net worth of Roshni Nadar as on December 31, 2021 stood at Rs 84,330 crore.
- She was followed by Falguni Nayar, owner of beauty brand Nykaa, with a total wealth of Rs 57,520 crore. Falguni is also the richest self-made woman in the list. It must be noted that she is also the world’s tenth richest self-made woman.
- Biocon’s Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw took third spot with a total wealth of Rs 29,030 crore.
- The cumulative wealth of top 100 women in the list has increased 53% in a year to Rs 4.16 lakh crore in 2021 from Rs 2.72 lakh crore in 2020.
- The youngest self-made woman on the list was 33-year-old Kanika Tekriwal of Jetsetgo.
- The average wealth of women in 2021 rose to Rs 4,170 crore against Rs 2,725 crore in 2020.
Source: Financial Express