Rs 40,009 crore released under Jal Jeevan Mission in 2021-22; Rs. 60,000 crore budget allocated for 2022-23
- As per the government data, Rs. 40,009 crore grant was released to States/ UTs under Jal Jeevan Mission in the financial year 2021-22. The total allocation under the scheme in FY2021-22 was Rs 50,000 crore.
- Further, the Cenral Government has enhanced the budget under Jal Jeevan Mission for financial year 2022-23 to Rs. 60,000 Crore.
- Since the launch of Jal Jeevan Mission on August 15, 2019, more than 6 Crore households have been provided with tap water connections, so far.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission was launched to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
Points to remember:
- How much amount was allocated to the Jal Jeevan Mission in the financial year 2021-22?
- What amount has been allocated to Jal Jeevan Mission in the financial year 2022-23?
- In which year was Jal Jeevan Mission launched?