Russia-China-Iran conducts joint naval exercise CHIRU-2Q22 in Gulf of Oman
- The Russian, Chinese and Iranian navies undertook naval exercises CHIRU-2Q22 in the Gulf of Oman from January 18 to 22, 2022.
- The maritime drills conducted in the northern parts of the Indian Ocean aimed at deepening practical cooperation among the navies of the three countries.
- The participants practiced various tactics and operations, such as rescuing ablaze vessels, saving hijacked vessels, shooting at targets, nocturnal shooting at aerial targets, and other tactical maneuvers as a part of the drill.
Points to remember:
- CHIRU 2Q22 was the joint naval exercise conducted between which countries?
- Remember the name of the exercise – CHIRU 2Q22
- Where was CHIRU 2Q22 held – Gulf of Oman (Northern Indian Ocean)