Skip to content
Science Exploration Day: 20 July
- The Science Exploration Day (also called Moon Day) is marked every year on 20 July.
- It was on this day in 1969 that Neil Armstrong and Edwin ‘Buzz’ Aldrin became the first humans to land on the Moon’s surface.
- Neil Armstrong was the first man to set foot on the moon’s surface.
- The Armstrong- Aldrin duo spent 21.5 hours on the surface of the moon out of which they spent 2.5 hours outside of their capsules.
- To commemorate their achievement, the day was declared a holiday in 1984 by the then President of the United States, Ronald Reagan.