SEBI constitutes 15-member Advisory Committee to attract foreign investment; Head = K V Subramanian
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has constituted a 15-member expert group of Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) to boost overseas flows into the country.
- The FPI Advisory Committee (FAC) will be chaired by former Chief Economic Adviser KV Subramanian.
- Other members of the committee will be from foreign banks, stock exchanges depositories and the RBI.
Task of the FAC
- Advising on issues related to investments and operations of FPIs in the financial markets, including measures to facilitate ease of doing business by FPIs in India.
- Review investment avenues available for FPIs and advise on the feasibility of new investment avenues.
- Suggest measures required to encourage FPI participation in the bond market.
Source: Business Standard