- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched the ‘Waste to Wealth Creation’ programme for women in the Sundarbans in West Bengal.
- In this, the women will make ornaments and showpieces from the fish scales. SIDBI will extend benefits to 50 women in directly generating revenues from alternate livelihoods.
- Later, these women are expected to become a trainer for replicating and disseminating the knowledge among other aspirants.
- This is a part of mission Swavalamban of SIDBI that aims to support artisans to become sustainable.
Points to remember:
- SIDBI Chairman and Managing Director?- Sivasubramanian Ramann
- Waste to Wealth Creation programme has been launched by?- SIDBI
- Waste to Welath Creation programme has been launched by SIDBI in which state?- West Bengal
Source: economic times