Skip to content
Singapore gives National Monument Status to Padang, where Netaji’s famous Call ‘Chalo Dilli’ was immortalised
- Singapore government has declared the iconic green site Padang, as its 75th national monument on August 09, 2022, the day which marked the 57th National Day of Singapore.
- Padang is the large open field site in Singapore, from where Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose gave the slogan of ‘Delhi Chalo’ in July 1943.
- Padang has a strong national, historical and social significance, and is one of the oldest open spaces continuously used since the 1800s.
- It is popular for sporting events such as cricket, football, hockey, tennis and lawn bowling
- With the Monument Status, Padang will now be preserved and accorded the highest level of protection in Singapore under the Preservation of Monuments Act, said the National Heritage Board (NHB).