Sixth & Final Scorpene-class Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’ inaugurated at Mazagon Dock Limited
- The Indian Navy launched the sixth and last submarine, Yard 11880, of the French Scorpene-class under Project 75, on April 20, 2022 at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai.
- The submarine has been named as ‘Vagsheer’
- The submarine will now undergo rigorous harbour trials and sea trials, before being commissioned in the Indian Navy.
- These submarines are designed by French naval defence and energy company ‘DCNS’ while Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai has manufactured them.
List of other submarines under Scorpene-class submarines
- First submarine : INS Kalvari- commissioned on 14 December 2017.
- Second : INS Khanderi – September 2019
- Third: INS Karanj – March 2021
- Fourth : INS Vela – November 2021
- Fifth : INS Vagir- launched in November 2020 and is undergoing sea trials.