Sri Lankan fast bowler Suranga Lakmal announces retirement after upcoming tour of India
- Veteran Sri Lankan fast bowler Suranga Lakmal has announced to retire from international cricket, after Sri Lanka’s upcoming tour of India, scheduled in February and March 2022 to play two Test and three Twenty20 International (T20I) matches.
- The 34-year-old right-arm fast bowler and right-handed batsman aims to join the English county club Derbyshire after retirement.
- The Derbyshire County Cricket Club has signed up Lakmal on a two-year contract.
- Lakmal has represented Sri Lanka in 165 international matches across formats, in his international career spanning over 12 years.
Points to Remember:
- Suranga Lakmal is related to which sports?
- Suranga Lakmal plays for which country?
Source: ICC Cricket