- The Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project will be India’s first bullet train route. While Surat city will get India’s first bullet train station.
- National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (NHSRCL) will be constructing this project that is scheduled to be completed by December 2024.
- The cost of the project is estimated to be more than ₹1 lakh crore of which ₹88,000 crores will be funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Points to remember:
- India’s first bullet train project?- Mumbai-Ahmedabad
- India’s first bullet train station will come up at which place?- Surat
- Which company will fund a major part of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train project?- JICA
- Who is the Union Minister of State for Railways?- Darshana Jardosh
Source: Hindustan Times