Tata Sky Rebrands itself as Tata Play
- Tata Sky, the leading Direct to Home (DTH) platform, has dropped ‘sky’ brand name after 15 years and has rechristened itself as Tata Play on January 26, 2022.
- The new brand identity Tata Play aims to grow beyond offering just DTH service and offer television-cum-OTT (over-the-top) offerings in combined packages with Netflix.
- Through the new identity as Tata Play, companies simply aims to signify its expanded range of products and services and their desire to be future-ready while making tomorrow better than today for homes and families.
- Tata Play was founded in 2006. It is a joint venture between the Tata Sons (60%) and The Walt Disney Company (30%), with Temasek Holdings, Singapore (10%).
Points to Remember:
- What is the rebranded name of Tata Sky
Source: Economic Times