“UDAN” scheme selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020
- The Regional Connectivity Scheme UDAN (UdeDeshkaAamNagrik), the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has been selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020 under the category “Innovation (General) – Central”.
- The scheme lay emphasis on Good Governance, Qualitative achievements, and last mile connectivity rather than only on achievement of quantitative targets.
- The award was launched by the Government of India in 2006 to acknowledge, recognize and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by Districts/ Organizations of the Central and State Governments.
- The award comes with a trophy, scroll and an incentive of Rs 10 lakhs.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation will receive the award on April 21, 2022, on the occasion of Civil Service Day.
Points to Remember:
- With effect from 2021, the prize money has been doubled from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.