Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar lays foundation stone for Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetables in UP’s Chandauli
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar, virtually laid the foundation stone of the Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetables in Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh on August 09, 2022.
- These Centers of Excellence (CoE) act as demonstration and training centers for the latest technologies in the field of Horticulture.
- At the same time, they serve as a source of planting material for fruits and vegetables in protected cultivation.
- These CoE are being set up based on Israeli technologies. The technology is provided by experts from Israel under the India-Israel Action Plan (IIAP).
- Funds for building infrastructure for demonstration purposes will be used from Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH), a Centrally Sponsored Scheme for the holistic growth of the horticulture sector.