Uzbekistan wins Gold in open section & Ukraine in women’s section of 44th Chess Olympiad, India wins Bronze in both
- The team Uzbekistan has won the gold medal in the Open section of the 44th Chess Olympiad which concluded on August 09, 2022.
- Team Armenia won silver while the India-2 team settled for bronze in Open Section.
- In the women’s section, Ukraine won the gold medal. Team Georgia won the silver, while India-1 team won the bronze medal.
About 44th Chess Olympiad
- The 44th Chess Olympiad was organised by FIDE in Chennai, India from July 28 to August 09, 2022. India hosted the Chess Olympiad for the first time.
- It consisted of open and women’s tournaments.
- The total number of participants was 1,737, including 937 in the Open and 800 in the Women’s event.
- Overall 188 teams were registered from 186 nations in the Open section and 162 from 160 nations in the Women’s section.
- The main venue of the Chess Olympiad was the convention centre at the Four Points by Sheraton.
- The opening and closing ceremonies were held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.