Skip to content
- Daily News
- Veteran Assamese writer Atulananda Goswami passes away at 87
Veteran Assamese writer Atulananda Goswami passes away at 87
- Eminent Assamese litterateur and winner of Sahitya Akademi Award, Atulananda Goswami, has passed away. He was 87.
- Goswami was known as a short story writer, a litterateur and a novelist par excellence.
- He was awarded the Sahitya Academy award in 2006, for his novel ‘Seneh Jorir Ganthi’ in 2006.
- Some of his other notable works include ‘Namgharia’ ‘Hamdoi Pulor Jon’, ‘Rajpaat’, ‘Polatok’ and ‘Ashray’.
- He had translated many English, Bengali and Odia works into Assamese, and also Assamese texts into English.